Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Waking up

I wake up with his arms wrapped around me. My heart beats as if it is going to jump out of my chest. This is the first day to the rest of my life. As I lie here with the morning glow of the sun, crackling through the window, I know there is something out there for me.

I can hear the clamoring of the trees against the window of Aaron's room. I listen as the wind blows through the trees, creating an echo of nature through the apartment. I close my eyes as the wood of the rafters’ creek and crack with the change of weather outside. I open my eyes and start to stand trying not to wake him. I slowly move the covers off of my legs and crawl out of bed as he starts to turn in his sleep. I look down, as his eyes open to capture my attention.

“No,” he says, as he looks in my eyes and wraps his hand behind my neck, pulling me down to the bed. “Stay, just a little longer.” I lay my head into the curve of his neck and my lips rest against his chin. The pounding of my heart grows deeper. I fight the urge to say something. I fight to understand how my life fell apart, but I can’t make heads or tails of all that has happened. The only thing I know for sure is that Aaron is not only my rock of Gibraltar, but he is also my inspiration. I look up connecting with his eyes as my lips brush against his cheek. My heart aches as time stands still, like a picture capturing my lips upon him and my heart frozen in time.“I just want to hold you a little longer,” he says staring straight in my eyes locking me to his side.

No comments: