Friday, March 14, 2008

Through a Dead Man's Eyes

As I looked into his eyes, my heart bleed with sorrow and the rushing waters of my eyes ran with joy. The sorrow is because I knew it was his time. With every gasp of breath he took, it was one more step along the golden path. The joy was thinking, 'if only I could have seen what he saw.'

In only a moment, his whole world would change; from streets of cement to streets of gold, from gutters to rushing waters, to wire fencing to gates of pearls. With 12 angels guarding the gates to heaven, it was a miraculous and glorious radiance consumed through his eyes that anyone would have died to see.

If I could give the world a gift, I would give the gift of seeing the new world through a dead man's eyes. A world void of hunger, pain, suffering, and even sorrow.

No comments: